Buy this article in print. Journal RSS feed.
- Modern philology;: Its discoveries, history, and influence. With maps, tabular views, and an index.
- Fundamentals of Natural Computing : Basic Concepts, Algorithms, and Applications;
- Calculus Equations & Answers.
- You are here:?
- Le verdon.
- English Merchant Shipping 1460-1540.
Sign up for new issue notifications. Quaternary Triangular Mesh QTM is a spherical subdivision scheme for encoding vector geodata across a planet as recursive triangular subdivisions of an octahedron. This model of location and its hierarchical coordinate system evolved from experiments with a hierarchical raster data structure for encoding terrain relief named DEPTH Delta Encoded Polynomial Terrain Hierarchy.
This 2D pyramid- type structure encoded attributes surface elevations explicitly and locations grid cell indices implicitly.
Professional Publications of Geoffrey Dutton
It used DEPTH to encode surface elevations in a forest of geodesic triangular quadtrees instead of in a planar rectangular quadtree. All three models were designed to make limitations of data accuracy and scale explicit.
- Managing Operations Across the Supply Chain.
- Lecture Notes in Earth Sciences.
- Manual of Practical Cataract Surgery;
- The mathematical understanding of chemical engineering systems : selected papers of Neal R. Amundson?
- 88 Days to Kandahar: A CIA Diary?
- With Compass, Chain and Courage?
QTM captures vector data by encoding spherical 2D locations to the extent that their positional accuracy, certainty, or precision warrant, but did not use DEPTH. This paper is a memoir that summarizes the thinking that went into these data models and explores how properties and deficiencies of one led to the other.
It does not present any breakthroughs or new applications.
Rather, it documents inventions that influenced subsequent developments of discrete global grids, and might still do so. Content from this work may be used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3. Any further distribution of this work must maintain attribution to the author s and the title of the work, journal citation and DOI.
- Snipped in the Bud (Flower Shop Mysteries, No. 4).
- Men of Bronze.
- Visualizing and Exhibiting Jewish Space and History (Studies in Contemporary Jewry, Volume 26)?
- Fast Construction of Global Pyramids for Very Large Satellite Images?
Google Scholar. Crossref Google Scholar. Mapping vector data at smaller than the original scale requires its generalization, which is usually handled by post-processing in ways that are only weakly supported by databases.
The making of a Global Grid - Remembering my escape from flatland
FAQ Policy. About this book When spatial data is digitized for use in geographic information systems and other software, information about its original scale, resolution and accuracy is frequently lost. Show all. Table of contents 6 chapters Table of contents 6 chapters Introduction and problem statement Pages Historical and conceptual background Pages Computational aspects of a quaternary triangular mesh Pages